How to Benefit Your Organization with Iso Certification and Its Acquiring Procedure
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Certificate means that the achiever of the certificate has implied a system for his/her product which is reliable. More specifically, it implies that the holder of the certificate provide the products and services which have the characteristics of being environment friendly, safe, efficient, reliable, and interchangeable. Based in Geneva (Switzerland), The ISO helps companies all over the world to work together in an atmosphere of trust. This nongovernmental organization acts as bridge between both sectors of a nation; public and private. Its many member institutes are part of governmental structure on the one hand and many other institutes are private perfectly.
The system of ISO has two main focused points:
- Provision of consistent products and services
- Improvement in the process of production for better results
The main idea of ISO certification is to implement the “Quality Management System” to ensure that a particular company is following minimum required practices for the production of its products and services and for their delivery. All 162 nations participating in ISO certify companies in their countries through an auditing company which is called Registrar. Every company which passes the audit of Registrar becomes ISO certified company.
Acquiring Procedure of ISO Certification:
ISO itself in not a certificate issuing organization, rather many countries have accreditation bodies which authorize the certification bodies. These certification bodies audit the organizations which apply for securing an ISO 9001 certification. These accreditation and certification bodies do charge specified fees for the services offered.
The organization that applies for the certification has to follow these steps to be certified:
- Proposal of application for certification is prepared by certification body when an organization applies for it.
- After the acceptance of proposal by the organization, a certification contract is prepared and signed by both parties.
- All the functions, services and products as well as the processes and sites of applying organization are assessed and action requests are made by the certification organization.
- If certification body doesn’t find any problems or get an acceptable improvement plan by the management, the ISO 9001 certificate is issued.
- After being certified, the organization has to be registered. External and internal audits are required for registration. The purpose is to review and assess the system and verify that it is working according to agreement.
ISO certification is not just to achieve once, rather it has to be renewed periodically. The time for its renewal is set by the certificating body which is usually three years.
Benefits of ISO certification:
A lot of economic, social and technical benefits are gained with ISO certification:
- The production, development and supply of products and services become more safe and efficient.
- ISO certification sets new goals to be achieved and continuous improvement becomes possible to be achieved.
- It is also possible for the management of the organization certified to monitor the progress step by step to achieve the goals of standard products. Furthermore, productivity is increased as a result of improved process due to improved qualification of employees.
- International trade becomes fairer.
- Provision of safe products and services to consumers becomes possible.
- The ISO certified company can compete at international level.
- The new technologies which achieve the ISO certificate have the possibility to be implemented in the production process.
- The developing countries gain advanced technical knowledge when they have to implement the standers for production with their scares recourses.
- Quality of life in general improves as everyone is ensured of the provision of safe products and services.
- Global environment is assured to be safe with International standers for goods and services to be produced which are environment friendly.